CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

September 13, 2008

Life comes at you fast...

Oh goodness. It has been a good couple of weeks since I last wrote of my life adventures. I apologize. I have been completely busy with school, soccer, work, homework, and when I'm not doing any of that, I'm to the point of exhaustion. I will recap that past couple weeks that have flown by.

So on the 6th I was able to go to a Utah game with my good friend Sara Hill. I love watching her kids! They're adorable. Her husband Jay is one of the coaches for the tight-end players. What a great game! Not to mention the seats- write in the middle of the action. 30 yard line and the 9th row! The stadium was packed! It was so much fun though, I had never been to a game before that. Afterwards we had field passes afterwards to go meet up with Jay and meet some of the players. It was so much fun, and we were on camera for about 5 seconds yelling "Girls Night Out!!" That.. was a great night!

Tuesday night my family and I went to see "BIG- the musical" at Hale Center Theater. Truthfully it wasn't one of my favorites, but the acting was good. Anyways, my sisters in-laws own the theater and I'm pretty close to my brother-in-laws family. So as we are pulling in I think that I see his brother Adam pulling into the spot next to us and I got so excited. I am quite fond of Adam and I think that he's hilarious. So I full on jump out of the car and very excitedly say "Hey stranger!" I just about gagged mid-sentence because this man standing next to me with a very, very strange look on his face was not Adam. I was not too humiliated seeing as moments like this happen on a daily basis. I just had to laugh when his reply was "Well hey stranger, nice to meet you." Luckily he didn't sit by me in the theater. That would have been awkward. Welcome to my life.

Wednesday I got to babysit my adorable nephew Cameron for most of the night. He is the cutest little boy in the entire world. When I sing "You are my sunshine" to him he starts to coo and kick his feet and arms around. He loves it. If I could steal him, I totally would.

Thursday was just a terrifically craptastic day. It went a little something like this. I get to Seminary 1st period and we're having this fantastic lesson on the "Woman at the Well". I love that lesson so much; it's a wonderful story and example. So my awesome teacher has this great learning activity outside for us. The point of the game was to fill one bucket with water and 4 sponges and have another bucket about 15 feet away and fill that bucket up with the water using the sponges. So we split into teams and my team decides to have two people running with two sponges at a time. BAD IDEA! This girl on my team is bent over the bucket squeezing them out and somehow, her head smacked mine. I mean smacked. It was so loud, and there was so much pain, I am truthfully surprised there was no blood involved. I can not focus, or see anything and I am swaying back and forth. My teacher was so freaked out I was going to pass out. Of course the other girl was fine and I'm so happy she wasn't hurt. It felt like my nose was broken and that my head was going to explode. I just start bawling- it was horrible! And then it was worse because everyone is crowding around asking me if I'm okay. Does it look like I'm okay? Because I'm not! I just needed to go sit down. Ha ha what a morning.

Then I get to choir next period and deal with my student teacher who hates me and I have absolutely no idea why. He just glares at me all the time and I don't even do anything. Okay well maybe now I do. I'm the type of person who tries to be nice, but there is a breaking point which has now been crossed so I'm done trying to be nice to him. Now I'm probably a little rude. I try to give him positive criticism but clearly he can't handle that. So this semester of choir will suck because of him.

Sports skills is not a good class at all. A). I know about 5 people in that class- which is fine, but limits my social life just a little. B). I'm not the most athletic person, only in things I have been in since I was little. Ultimate frisbee was not a good thing for me the first day we played. But I have gotten much better. So much better that I'm the only girl on my team that the boys pass to now. Which is wonderful. I get points for participating. This was the day we played against the team who has a really violent, brutal player on their team. Lucky us. Anyways, I score the first few goals and he catches on that I'm really the only girl they're throwing to. His solution: take me out. From this point on, any catch I go for, he totally tackles me to the ground. Hello, this isn't "tackle" ultimate frisbee. It's just ultimate frisbee. This kid is about 6'7. One time he jumped on top of my back. All 6'7 inches of him. That's a lot. Pretty sure I was not happy that class period. I felt better when he cheated, and still got beat by a girl. Stick it to the man.

(Note: This whole week I was extremely worried that I wasn't going to get a letter from Tommy because I hadn't gotten one yet. But not to fret, I got one, it was just a little late.)

I got my windshield replaced yesterday. It is so beautiful and clean looking. The smell is a little strong, but it will air out. I hope my poor jeep stays alive for at least a couple more years. Last night I went to the Murray game against Cottonwood. We lost, no surprise there. It was fun seeing everyone though. I have awesome, awesome friends.

So here am I, sitting at work now. Pondering lots of little things and thinking about the week. I had an eventful day of helping my family with tomatoes, going to see Maddi play water polo. I'm about to read a book. I think it will help calm things down. This is the end of my thought process at the moment.

1 comments:

Mike and Shelby said...

I like the word craptastic...it'll be added to my vocabulary.

I wanted to see BIG. I love the movie. (But I am a Tom Hanks fan too)

Sorry you got hit in the nose-that made me dizzy from the sound of the pain.

Sports skills sound like fun! You'll get better, I am sure.

Thanks for the update...I was getting a little Carly withdrawl.