CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

August 7, 2008

Adventures on Saturday

Okay so I'm still trying to catch up on my crazy life. Saturday was a fun filled day with family and friends. My family decided to go golfing with my aunt Michelle, my uncle Barry and my cousin Zac. My friends Mike and Brandon came along with us, and I feel terrible because they got stuck golfing with me and I am way beyond bad at it. So we started with the first tea time (my dad literally told me we were starting first so that they would be the ones following the slow group) and prepared to play a long game of golf. The funny thing is that I don't find this sport relaxing at all. It's frustrating if you miss the ball, it's frustrating if you don't hit the ball very hard, your hands start to get blisters, your feet hurt, it's hot outside in the sun.. yadda, yadda, yadda. Anyways, I was terrible. I mean it was only my 2nd actual game of golf, but I've been a few times to hit a bucket of balls with my family. Oh wait, I was so bad at it then that I quit trying to do that too. Huh...

I was extremely pitiful, and bad at this round. The ball either only went about 10 feet when I hit and swung, or I missed entirely and looked like a total idiot. What nice guys for driving really slowly next to me while I walked the whole golf course and being such great cheerleaders when I missed. At the end of the game, I had blisters on my hands, my feet, my arms were hurting, and I think I finished with an 85 (Don't worry... I know that is bad. Really bad).

Off to a barbeque at Shell's, but before that the boys and I decided that we are going to be in a band! I am so excited, I mean nothing has really happened yet, but we each have a couple songs, and we want to do a few cover songs! But this is something I have always wanted ever since I was little so I hope that it happens.

For those of you who don't know, I am a vegetarian, but it doesn't bother me when other people eat meat. I'm just doing it for me, the rest of you meat lovers don't have to suffer through it. So Brandon found this out at the dinner table and he was being jokingly rude about it I guess you could say. He was just so surprised when I told him that I was. Then he says "What would you say if I told you that you weren't American if you didn't love steak and apple pie?" And then I replied "I would choose the apple pie everytime." Atta girl. Stick it to the man...

Zac introduced us to this new game called Speed Mitten. It's kind of like Bad Mitten, but harder. Actually I am not very coordinated in anything besides soccer, so I wasn't too hot at this game either. One round of being beaten 16-1 and I figured I'd call it a night. The one thing I could play was Guitar Hero so I rocked in a few rounds of that. We then got a call to go bowling so when I went to make sure it was okay my mom said to Mike "Don't let her beat you too badly in bowling." His reply: "Oh I'm not too worried. I've seen her golf, and play this game so I'm not too worried." Psh, I was on the High School bowling team for 2 years, so trust me, I'm pretty good at it. I just laughed when I beat everyone while we were there.

Then driving home, Brandon turns around to Lela to tell her this funny joke that I had told them earlier. This is how it goes down:
Brandon: "You have to listen to this hilarious joke about tennis that Carly told us earlier! Okay... So what do Stevie Wonder and Hellen Keller have in common?"
*****Awkward Silence for a minute*****
Mike: (sarcastically) "Well they're both blind, and that had nothing to do with tennis. You told the joke wrong. Tell it Carly."
*****Me laughing so hard for 15 minutes until I could finally tell the joke*****
Mike: (cont'd) Lets make it multiple choice. They're both blind, both historical figures, both famous... pick one of the above."
***** My continued laughter at what was said, and the look on Brandon's face*****
This is how the joke is supposed to go.....

What do you get when Stevie Wonder and Hellen Keller play tennis together?

Endless Love
(Don't worry Brandon, the first time I tried to retell that joke I messed it up about just as bad as you did.)

Moral of the story: Who doesn't love great adventures on Saturdays? Hooray!

1 comments:

Mike and Shelby said...

Funny joke. (See, I TOLD you that you would be funny! Serious.)

Mike is really into golf right now. He isn't thhat great, by his own admition...so they always play off the best player instead of playing off their own random ball. I thought that wasn't a bad idea. Maybe I should try it next time I go mini golfing.

A band? Beyond cool!