CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

August 14, 2008

Reality

I need more vacations. Desperately. I just got back from Bear Lake a couple days ago, and oh man it was great! Golfing for 3 days, hanging out on the beach, some family volleyball, my own bedroom, texting late into the night. That's the life. It was great getting to see everyone again though. We went to this awsome melodrama and I laughed the whole time. Seriously, the whole time. But then again I was sitting next to my cousins whose adorable laugh is contagious. Milkshakes, karaoke, a few rounds of Guitar Hero, I could get used to that kind of living. But, alas, reality ruins everything. I come home and have to work again, and pay the bills, and pay for gas. Register for school, get the things I need for school, and have the realization sink in that Tommy will be gone for 2 years in less than a week. Don't get me wrong because I am so excited for him to go, and experience this new step forward in his life, but I'm so used to having him all to myself for the past 4 months that I am scared as to what happens next.
No words would put into perspective how amazing Tommy is, and what a wonderful influence he has made in my life. I have never loved someone as much as I love him. It's been a wonderful and spiritual journey with him. He is so patient, and so willing to serve or help. I see the way he treats others, and the kindness he has for everyone and then I realize what I could be doing better at. He pushes me, and he makes me be a better person. I know that he will serve wonderfully for the next 2 years in his life, and I know that he will put in 110%. He will bring so many searching people into the light and the knowledge of the Gospel. He will be in our hearts and prayers as he serves in the Philipeans.

2 comments:

Mike and Shelby said...

vacations...a necessity.

It's good to have good influences like Tommy. He sounds like he will be a great missionary.

Bryon And Hope said...

how about a vacation to IDAHO!!! Sounds like a blast huh?? lol I was looking at your list of things you want to do in your life and I think you could cross off a few things like sleeping under the stars doing some serious fourwheeling and the surfing thing I decided we could change it to snowboarding lol! :) jk but really we could add a few more things to your list too!!! come on! I know I am tempting you!!! lol :) haha p.s this is my sisters blog username not mine :)