CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

August 4, 2008

My Apologies!

I know I haven't written in a while. I have been so extremely busy. After I get all of this out, you will understand. So let me first start with last Tuesday. My adventurous morning started at 3:30 am. You may or may not have guessed it, but yes, I did try out for American Idol. Here is a little agenda of how my long 19 hours of being awake went:

3:30 am- Wake up and start to get ready. My mom and I had to take turns washing each others hair downstairs in her sink because we had on wristbands to qualify me for the audtion that couldn't get wet, so hence the no shower part.
4:30 am- Drive downtown to the Delta Center, oh excuse me, the Energy Solutions Arena with mi madre, Emily, Tommy and myself. (Let me just take a minute to mention how sweet Tommy is. He worked Monday night until 12:45 in the morning, meaning he probably didnt get to bed until after 1, and then he was up at 3:45 to come and support me. He's a keeper!)
5:00 am- We met up with Brooke (my cousin who was also trying out) and her husband Brad. There were seriously some weird people in line around us, too. At some point between then and 8 am, my dad brought us some breakfast, and we watched all sorts of crazy people do things to get on tv. They threw out lots of freebies that no one really wanted, and we just did some more standing. (I got really good at this part).
8:00 am- the line finally started moving into the Delta Center where we had assigned seats. It seriously took like 30 minutes to actually make it from outside where the line was to the inside where our seats were. Longest day of my life so far.
8:00 to 9:00 am- So the producers and everyone in charge made everyone in their sing these couple songs for tv (which never get aired anyways, but oompa!). And we also had to say these extremely tacky lines like "Welcome to Happy Valley!!!" (no joke just like that) and "First it was Archie, now me!!" Seriously people... how LAME is that. Moving right along. (Somewhere in between all of that Ryan Seacrest came out, and yes, he is really that short.)
9:30ish am- they FINALLY started lining people up on the floor to audtion.*

*The auditioning process went something like this:
1). Take the auditionees from one section at a time
2). Line them up in rows of four individuals on the floor and assign them which producer/judge table to go to
3). Have each auditionee sing about 20 seconds of a song of their choice one at a time
4). Judge delegation
5). Pull the entire group forward, and either a). give them a golden ticket to send them on to round 2 or b). tell them that sadly they didnt make it and send them out the rejection door

Sometime a little after 3:00 pm- My section was finally lined up to audtion (By this point they had only audtioned 5 other sections, and only sent about 20 people through. 3/4 of these were men, and 1/2 of these were the weird, laughing stock tv promoters.) In between the huge break between the time they started audtions and the time i actually audtitioned I met this way cute gal from South Carolina name Laura, and ran into about 7 people that I know from somewhere or another. Me and Laura hit it off instantly and we've promised to stay in touch. She had a beautiful, southern accent, and she sang "How Do I" by LeeAnn Rhymes beautifully.

In the end, I "nicely" got rejected but I wasn't upset or the least bit mad. I have a few theories about this, but either way everything is fine. It just ended up being a very long day. And I'm grateful for my family, and Tommy for sticking by me and being so supportive.

1 comments:

Mike and Shelby said...

That sounds like a long day.

Sorry you didn't make it.

Maybe next season!

I like Ryan Seacrest.

...and Tommy does sound like a keeper.